The flu season is here, So we’re here to ensure you get the vaccine. And we want to make sure you and your family are prepared!
That’s why we’d like to recommend a Flu Shot for Kids, a great way to help protect your children from getting sick this winter.
The flu shot for kids is available at Medeor Hospital, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Flu Vaccination Package for Kids
Our Flu Shot package includes:
- Flu Shot
- Doctor Consultation
- Surprise Goodies for Kids
About flu or Influenza Virus
The flu is a contagious respiratory illness that affects the nose, throat, and lungs. The flu can be spread by coughing and sneezing, touching contaminated surfaces and then touching your mouth or nose, or having close contact with someone who has the flu.
Symptoms of the Flu
The most common symptoms of the flu include:
- Fever (may spike as high as 104°F)
- Cough (usually dry in adults, but may produce mucus in children)
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Headaches (often severe)
- Muscle aches, body aches, and pains
- Fatigue (extreme exhaustion)
People Who are at High Risk for Flu Complications
People who are at high risk for flu complications include:
- Adults 65 years of age or older
- Pregnant women
- People with certain chronic medical conditions (such as heart disease, lung disease, kidney problems, cancer, and liver disease) and people with weakened immune systems (because of medicines they take or illness)
Difference Between Flu & Cold
|Signs & Symptoms||Cold||Flu|
|Chest Discomfort, Cough||Mild to Moderate||Common|
Protecting Children from Flu & Steps to Protect Them Event After the Flu Vaccine
You can take several steps to protect your children from getting the flu.
- The first step is to make sure they get their annual flu shot. Every child aged six months or older should receive one.
- Another critical step is to keep your child away from other children with colds or infections that can spread the flu.
- If your child has symptoms of a cold or another infection, keep him at home until he is well again.
- Teach them to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If they don’t have soap and water, they can use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Ask them to avoid touching the eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Teach them to cover while coughing and sneezing with a tissue or arm (not their hands).
About Pediatric Flu Vaccine
Children should get the seasonal flu vaccine every year. It takes about two weeks after getting vaccinated for your child’s body to develop protection against the viruses that cause the flu. It’s important for all children six months and older to get a yearly flu shot so they can be protected throughout the season.
Getting a flu shot every year also helps protect your child from other illnesses caused by influenza viruses. Flu shots are safe, effective, and not harmful or painful when injected into your body.
Don’t Get Caught Off Guard. Get Your Child a Flu Vaccine Today
Flu season is here and that means the risk of spreading the flu is very real. When it comes to protecting your children against the flu, there’s no better way than a flu vaccine. The Pediatric Flu Vaccine is available at Medeor Hospital, Abu Dhabi, UAE.