Dr. Waleed Aman graduated from Alexandria University in 1992 and went on to train at various prestigious urology institutions, including the National Institute of Urology in Egypt, which is the tertiary referral center for complicated cases up to transplantation. He then continued to improve his skills and knowledge by working as a Urologist in the United Kingdom for four years in Barking, Havering, and Redbridge University Hospitals, NHS, until he was awarded the FRCS in Urology from the Royal College of Surgeons.
Dr. Waleed had been trained and worked in centers for Urology subspecialties such as Birmingham City Hospital for Stone Disease, BHR University Hospitals for Urological Cancers, the Neuro-Urology Center of KFMC, and the Tertiary Infertility Center of KFMC to develop and enhance his skills.
Dr. Waleed is a Urological Surgeon who primarily uses minimally invasive surgical techniques such as laparoscopy (key-hole surgery), endourological (via the urinary passage), percutaneous (via a tiny skin incision on the back), and external shock wave (ESWL) to break up or remove kidney/ureteric stones. He also treats patients with all aspects of general urology, including men seeking surgery for benign prostate hyperplasia. He is proficient in a wide range of surgical procedures, including monopolar/bipolar TURP and greenlight laser vaporization of the prostate gland. His experience includes all endoscopic, laparoscopic, and open surgical methods for all types of urology cancers.
- All Laser Urological Surgeries
- Treatment of Complicated Stones by Flexible Fiber-optic Endoscope Supported by Laser
- Neurogenic and Overactive Bladder Diseases
- Laparoscopic Urological Surgery Medical Treatment and Laser Surgery for the Prostate
- Early Detection, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Urological Cancers
- European Association of Urology
- Société Internationale d'Urologie
- Emirates Urological Society
- Egyptian Urological Association